*Required fields are marked with an asterisk.
The Robert C. Byrd Clinic seeks to provide holistic care to their patients and families. We recognize that the patient is more than their illness. Patients and families may experience difficulties in their lives that impact their health, their ability to cope with their illness, and recovery. The Social Services Department at the Robert C. Byrd Clinic provides a wide variety of services to patients and families with the goal of supporting the patient to improve their psychosocial situation so they can focus on their health and wellbeing. Patients and families are often referred to the Social Worker by the medical provider but patients and family members can also contact the Social Worker to schedule an individual appointment separate from their appointment with their medical provider.
As part of a multidisciplinary team, respectful, confidential, and patient centered social services provided may include:
· Comprehensive psychosocial geriatric assessment
· Pharmaceutical Patient Assistance
· Education regarding Advance Care Planning for End of Life Decisions and completion of Advance Directives
· Education and referral to community resources and services
· Case management services
· Education regarding Medicare and the Medicare D prescription plan selection
· Education and supportive services regarding chronic health conditions
· Chronic Disease Self-Management classes
· Diabetes Self-Management classes
· Education regarding nursing home placement and assists the medical provider in the process
· Supportive counseling
· Liaison with the medical provider
For questions related to social services click here.